1. Completed application and accompanying materials (original 600-800 word personal essay plus 2 letters of recommendation and official high school transcript in sealed envelopes) must be postmarked or delivered no later than April 30th, 2020. Please note that applications after April 30 will not be considered.
2. Personal Essay: Essay must be typed and double spaced and must address the following topic:
“How has your Italian heritage benefited you in attaining your educational and life goals?”
Essay will be judged on the basis of creativity, uniqueness, originality and sincerity.
3. Other criteria considered by the scholarship committee will include completeness and accuracy of application.
Payment of the scholarship will go directly to the award recipient and is dependent upon acceptance by and proof of enrollment in the winner’s chosen institution.
All scholarship materials must be submitted together in the order shown below. Please note: Deadline for postmarked or hand-delivered submissions is April 30, 2020. Completed applications must include:
1. Completed and signed scholarship application form;
2. Two letters of recommendation from appropriate sources in sealed envelopes;
3. Most current official high school transcript in sealed envelope;( NO REQUIRED)
4. Original essay written by the applicant.
Only applications that fully comply with stated criteria will be considered. Decision to award a scholarship will be made by the Scholarship Committee. There are no appeals. Committee decision will be made by May 2nd and winner will be notified immediately. Designated recipient for the 2020 Amici Club Scholarship and his/her immediate family will be invited to attend the club’s general meeting for presentation of the award in May 2020.
Disclaimer: The application and all materials provided by applicants will be used only for the purpose of awarding the 2020 scholarship. They will not be used for any commercial purpose nor provided to any outside firm for any reason.
Application materials must be postmarked by April 30th, 2020 and mailed to:
Mary Piccin, Scholarship Chairman
AMICI Naperville Area Italian American Club
942 Montgomery Court
Questions? Contact Mary: